Towards the end of last month, Adobe released 2021 editions of approximately half of their Adobe suite applications, as follows:
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe Bridge
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InCopy
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Lightroom CC
- Adobe Lightroom Classic
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe XD
Other than the expected improvements and new features, there is also a rise in the minimum support version of macOS, from macOS 10.13 High Sierra, to macOS 10.14 Mojave. Other than this, the licensing and administration side is almost entirely unchanged.
Note: If you are currently an Adobe Serial Number License (SNL) or Adobe Device License (DL) user, you will need to migrate to either a Teams/CC license (aka Named User License or NUL) or a Shared Device License (SDL – for education only).
For our fellow techies
For AutoPKG users, we have updated our AutoPKG recipes and scripts to assist with importing the downloaded Adobe packages correctly into a Munki and Jamf setup. For Munki, this will include a detailed installs array, as well as correctly importing the uninstaller packages. This can be found in our AutoPKG recipe repo here.
If you are setting your users’ Docks up with these titles, or otherwise using the full file paths, most of the upgraded versions have new file paths once installed. We have listed the file paths below to try and help out:
- Adobe Animate – /Applications/Adobe Animate 2021/Adobe Animate 2021.app
- Adobe Bridge – /Applications/Adobe Bridge 2021/Adobe Bridge 2021.app
- Adobe Dreamweaver – /Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver 2021/Adobe Dreamweaver 2021.app
- Adobe Illustrator – /Applications/Adobe Illustrator 2021/Adobe Illustrator.app
- Adobe InCopy – /Applications/Adobe InCopy 2021/Adobe InCopy 2021.app
- Adobe InDesign – /Applications/Adobe InDesign 2021/Adobe InDesign 2021.app
- Adobe Lightroom CC – (same as 2020) /Applications/Adobe Lightroom CC/Adobe Lightroom.app
- Adobe Lightroom Classic – (same as 2020) /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app
- Adobe Photoshop – /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2021/Adobe Photoshop 2021.app
- Adobe XD – (same as 2020) /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app
For our Auto-Update for Jamf customers
For our Auto-Update for Jamf customers, we have loaded the new Adobe packages into the system and added these to our regular packaging and import cycle. You can find details of these on our knowledge base article here, or by using the Auto-Update Catalogue Browser application.
For our datajar.mobi customers
As we now have the ten new Adobe 2021 software titles loaded into our Auto-Update system, we can supply these to our datajar.mobi customers too. Please reach out to our Support Team if this is of interest to you.